TASCAM 244 & reverb routing ... ???

cjacek

Analogue Enthusiast
Hi,

In my TASCAM 244 manual is states (with diagrams) that I can also route my reverb "outs" to one of the 244 channels and then use EQ. Would this option enable me to add reverb to the dry track and, most importantly, EQ some of the "offending" frequencies like, say, the accentuated "sss" sounds I get from adding reverb ? Would this way of routing be like having an EQ section on the reverb itself ?

Thanks,

Daniel

If you had all four tracks filled up on the 244, I am a little puzzled how you would use the reverb's returns into any of the four main mixing channels?

Perhaps they meant this as a means of "printing" reverb effects to a fresh and open track on the recorder.

Otherwise, the effect returns would only be feed to the main, stereo outputs that could then be fed to a two track recorder.

There's nothing stopping you from hooking up an external eq that is in series with the output of your verb.

Some reverb units also have eq built into them too, so that you could tailor the wet sound to your tastes. I have a Yamaha REV500 that has this feature though, it is a pain to use it as you have to go through wonderful menus and sub-menus to get to it and adjust it!:(

Cheers! :)

Naw, naw, cjacek's right.

If you run your reverb-efx-out to the 244's INPUT on another channel, you'd have EQ in the chain, as well as PAN, AUX & everything else.

IMO, you'd scope this technique to recording vocals, w/reverb, & printing to tape, just as GFM said.

You could use this efx-routing technique in the mixdown realm on the 244, ONLY if you do not require all of the 4 channels to be on TAPE setting. You must have an available mixer INPUT channel to accommodate the return, & therefore would be a technique that's very much doable on the 246, & lends itelf better to the 246, if you need this in the mixdown process.

No purchase necessary.;) [-GFM];)

Thanks very much guys! I kinda had the idea for mixing down and not for recording with reverb. Anyway, thanks :)

Daniel

Back