Tascam 244 recording question

finchy

Hi

Using this for the first time and following the steps on page 36 of the manual "Recording the First Track"

L+R BUSS MASTER fader set.

Input 4 set fader set.

Input PAN fully left

Record function SYNC.

Record function L BUSS TRACK to TRACK 1 (Metre 1 lights up, Record LED blinking)

Input 4 to MIC/LINE

Record FUNCTION BUSS R-Track to SAFE.

Now the problem, when I rotate TRIM 4 the Meter 1 (lit) does not react. But when I push the trim up quite high I do get the overload red dot lighting up on input 4 (so it seems it is getting some signal). I can also hear a low signal through the headphones. But this sounds more like it is "bleeding" through and I shouldn't really be hearing it.

If I rotate the INPUT PAN I do hear a clear signal, but it is Meter #2 (unlit) which is reacting and ticking.

Am I missing something? With the INPUT PAN fully left (as per instructions) it does not seem to work.

I have tried this on all inputs, 1 - 4 and I have the same result. I have also tried several sources of sound.

Any help would be appreciated. Is this a defect or am I just a dumbass. Bit of a newb so I'm strictly following the instructions.

Thanks.

Make sure you have the jumpers between ACCESS SEND and RCV patch points on each channel.

If you don't, there will be a break point in the signal chain.

If the jumpers are missing they can be replaced with 6" RCA/RCA cables (or any length you might have handy).

Find new sets of (8) 6" Tascam brand RCA patch cables on eBay.

:spank::eek:;)

Attachments

• Tascam 244 rear.jpg
    Tascam 244 rear.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 11
Back