TASCAM 16x08 Windows 10 Headphones Not Monitoring Incoming Audio

deepspacepilots

So I just got a Tascam 16x08 and have installed everything on my Windows 10 laptop. Everything seems to be working fine except that I can not seem to figure out how to get the headphone jack to output the incoming audio signal from the microphone inputs. The inputs work. I can record. The headphones work. I can hear the audio through the headphones after the recording is stopped and I play it back. So the headphone jack is outputting audio from the computer. But it is not outputting a monitoring signal of the incoming audio as it is being passed to the computer. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me figure this out? I'd really appreciate it. I've tried turning the "Line Out 1/2" knob but that isn't doing anything. I'm hoping this is just an issue of me not knowing where some setting is located. Thank you.

Look at the monitor knob. Left I think is computer, right is monitor (pass through). If your latency isn't bad (I have the older version of your interface) I just set mine to computer and monitor through the DAW. That way, when I record, I record with effects. There is a slight delay, but nothing you probably can't live with. If you do find you can't live with it. Put it in the center, there you get computer and monitor mix.

Hope this helps.

Look at the monitor knob. Left I think is computer, right is monitor (pass through). If your latency isn't bad (I have the older version of your interface) I just set mine to computer and monitor through the DAW. That way, when I record, I record with effects. There is a slight delay, but nothing you probably can't live with. If you do find you can't live with it. Put it in the center, there you get computer and monitor mix.

Hope this helps.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they replaced the simple one-knob input monitoring with a fancy DSP mixer.

What's the recording software? Have you got Line Out 1/2 set to Master L/R?

Last edited:
Back