Tascam 16x08 sound cuts off

captainobvious

I have a new 16x08 interface device and it is connected to a Lenovo w520 with i7-2720QM cpu @ 2.20ghz, 8GB ram, Windows 7 Professional x64 and an NVIDIA Quadro 1000M graphics card. I use this interface with a measurement software called SysTune. I use 5 Dayton EMM6 microphones connected to the 16x08 and use one of the rear panel outputs for the audio input on my sound system and another rear panel output looped back into the front input 9 so there is a loopback timing reference.

The device is set as the default in windows and I see it in my software when I load it up. When I play a pink noise test signal through the output and into my system, the signal lasts for somewhere between 5 and 15 seconds and then drops out. Occasionally I'll get "clicks" instead of the pink noise sound, but more infrequently. When I stop sending the signal which cut out and attempt to restart, I get nothing. I have to re-select the 16x08 interface in software and then try again. It always does the same thing. Plays audio signal for a short period and then cuts out.

Any ideas as to why this may be the case?

I have a friend using the same 16x08 and same measurement software with total success on a mac machine running bootcamp and Windows 7 x64 So the device is certainly compatible with the software....seems like a driver issue to me.

I am not familiar with the SysTune software. It seems you are either losing connection with the interface or there could be a latency issue causing the clicks.

What other devices are running through the USB port you have the Tascam connected to?

I am not familiar with the SysTune software. It seems you are either losing connection with the interface or there could be a latency issue causing the clicks.

What other devices are running through the USB port you have the Tascam connected to?

The connection to the interface stays put for as long as I need, up until the point I try to send a pink noise signal. The mics all register input just fine but once I play pink noise through the output, it cuts everything off after about 10 seconds (sometimes less) and I can't get it to play again unless I go to the configure tab on the software and select "ok" again for the Tascam device. No settings get changed.

This is the only device using USB ports at the time that I'm using the software and 16x08. I will also try using it as a basic soundcard for playback of stuff on the laptop and see what happens there and report back. I would normally though only plug in the 16x08 when I need to use measurement software.

Thanks,

Back