Stereo keyboard outputs to Tascam DP-02 to record in stereo

valhalla3

I have a Korg Triton Extreme keyboard whose sounds are designed in stereo. If they are not played through a stereo system they can lose a lot of quality or just not sound right. I know the DP-02 can produce stereo recordings but I was looking at the connections it has and I'm not sure if it is capable of receiving right and left stereo inputs from a stereo keyboard to record both right and left channels at the same time. I haven't used this for a while but it seems that you have to select input A or input B but not both at the same time when recording. Is this correct? If so then how do I record the stereo output of the Triton???

Thanks !

Randy

Connect your Korg's Main L/MONO and R outs to your DP-02's Instrument In A & B respectively.

On your DP-02, hold the Assign-A button down while pressing the Record arming button for your first track. Hold the Assign-B button down while pressing the record arming button for your second track.

(On my DP-03, input A assigns to odd numbered tracks - B to even. Not sure if yours works that way.)

I think this is how it's set up. Now just start the recording and go.

Last edited:
I don't know the DP-02 at all, but I'm guessing at some point you have to pan the two channels to full left and full right to get the stereo spread.

Thanks Spantini ! Ok so you can arm both A and B at the same time. Each one is assigned to a separate track. So the right input from the Triton will take one track and the left input will take another track. Then I can fully pan each to opposite sides like Chili said or however I want the pan. Now I see why 16 tracks or more like with Pro Tools and other recording software would be nice.

Connect your Korg's Main L/MONO and R outs to your DP-02's Instrument In A & B respectively.

On your DP-02, hold the Assign-A button down while pressing the Record arming button for your first track. Hold the Assign-B button down while pressing the record arming button for your second track.

(On my DP-03, input A assigns to odd numbered tracks - B to even. Not sure if yours works that way.)

I think this is how it's set up. Now just start the recording and go.

Back