SD Busy Write Problem

Rick153

I have found a problem with my Tascam DP-008ex. When I switched to a 32 GB scandisk, every once in a while I began getting a message reading, "SD Write Busy". It further states I need to shut the unit off. When I do, everything that has just been recorded is gone, leaving the older stuff still there that was recorded over. Does anyone have any ideas. Is it the issue with the unit, the size of the scandisk or the fact that I just record over something else? The unit is fine otherwise. Thanks for any input you can give me.

Last edited:
Check your SD card

Tascam lists the SD cards they have tested with the DP-008EX. You can view the list here: DP-008EX Specs. Scroll down to where it says "DP-008EX Tested media List". Generally though a class 10 SD card should work once you initialize it.

-Phil

Im having the issue

Sandisk Ultra 32
any luck Rick...do we have to by the exact models from the tascam sight

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have a lot of work saved on and SD card that just started having this issue, and I also keep losing a lot of things I just laid down.

1. From the MULTI TRACK screen, go to MENU (press the MENU button)
2. Go to SONG
3. Go to COPY
4. Place a check next to the current song -- the one with the asterisk (*) and hit NEXT
5. It will ask if you want to copy to "Partition 1".... hit execute

I dunno why this worked for me but it did

I've been getting this same problem a lot recently, with various cards, all of which have worked ok previously. I've tried the fix suggested but it had no effect. I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem. It is very annoying as you lose all your work.

Back