Running into a consistent problem with the Tascam DP-02cf 8-track..."No Disc Space"

thathatha

Running into a consistent problem with the Tascam DP-02cf 8-track..."No Disc Space"

Hello.

I have a quick question. I am using the dp 02cf 8-track recorder, and it works great apart from one problem that makes it impossible to use past a certain point.

When I record a track, it increases the data size of the song, which makes sense. But when I "clear" the track, the size of the song doesn't go down...this means that I can record, say, four takes of a part on the same track, clearing it each time, and it would fill up as much space as if I had recorded it on four different tracks. Eventually I get the "No Disc Space" message, and the machine will not hold any more data until I delete the entire file.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back,
Kevin

It's common for digital multi-tracks to save "takes" on a track......increasing the data size. There is likely a default number of "saved takes" or the like that you may be able to change to a lower number. It's usually not infinite. As well........there's probably a way to "delete unused" from each track or the song itself. That would leave your last take as the only take on the track. Make sure you have a maximum capacity SD card in the unit as well.

Back