RC-808 with 2 DA-38s?

Brad

Howdy,
I currently have a TM-D1000 mixer that I use with a DA-38. I use the RC-808 for the 1 38.
I am planning on getting another DA-38 and the IF-TD1000 expansion board so I can upgrade to 16 tracks. My question is this: Will I be able to operate both DA-38 machines with the RC-808? Do I need to get another 808? It seems that the transport controls should work fine if I have the remote plugged into the master DA-38. All I think I will have to do manually on the slave 38 is the track arming. Anyone know if this will work?

Thanks,
Brad

Brad said:
Howdy,
I currently have a TM-D1000 mixer that I use with a DA-38. I use the RC-808 for the 1 38.
I am planning on getting another DA-38 and the IF-TD1000 expansion board so I can upgrade to 16 tracks. My question is this: Will I be able to operate both DA-38 machines with the RC-808? Do I need to get another 808? It seems that the transport controls should work fine if I have the remote plugged into the master DA-38. All I think I will have to do manually on the slave 38 is the track arming. Anyone know if this will work?

Thanks,
Brad

Hi Brad!

If you get an answer, let me know! Haha
I have a pair of DA-38's and NO remote.
I've thought of buying the 848, but the 808 is a heck of alot cheaper!

How do you like the board?
I've thought of picking two of them up for mixdown only, but I'm still kind of leery of "digital mixers".

Tim

Hey Tim,
Yeah, I found out from TASCAM, you can use the 808 if it is plugged into the master DA-38. It will control all the transport features, but you would have to manually arm the tracks on the slave DA-38 because the 808 only has 8 arm buttons (will arm master only).

I like the board a lot. I am going to expand it with the IF-TD1000 and the FX-D1000 so I can use it with the 2 DA-38's.

It seems to be a pretty decent board for the money. I have no complaints - except for how much time it takes to learn all the little things it can do.

Brad

Brad said:
Hey Tim,
Yeah, I found out from TASCAM, you can use the 808 if it is plugged into the master DA-38. It will control all the transport features, but you would have to manually arm the tracks on the slave DA-38 because the 808 only has 8 arm buttons (will arm master only).

I like the board a lot. I am going to expand it with the IF-TD1000 and the FX-D1000 so I can use it with the 2 DA-38's.

It seems to be a pretty decent board for the money. I have no complaints - except for how much time it takes to learn all the little things it can do.

Brad

Thnaks Brad,
Well that's killer then because I use 9-16 for Drums and Bass!
Cool, so my leads and vocals can get the use of the track arming on the 808!
Thanks,
Tim

Back