Questions on M308, effects chains, and RC2 Looper Scenario.

karl_yuditskous

I recently set up my Tascam m308b again, after having it sit in a corner for a bout a year due to lack of space. This is the unit that my bandmate and I use for our live sound approach to ambient music. Before it was put away, we didnt really use any pedals (no distortion or reverb or delay) besides utilizing a Boss RC-2 loop station.

Now, since we've started playing together again, I've acquired a few effects units. The problem Im running into is that I'd like the board to be as flexible as possible in distributing and changing the effects in real-time. Currently, I'm running a simple effects send and return. But. I'd like to have the RC 2 on a separate, and individual chain, in order to isolate a channel(s) during a performance to record a specific loop.
Which I've easily been able to do.
BUT. The effects themselves on the channels are not being sent to the looper. and its causing me to pull my hair out. I've experimented with numerous set ups, including using the PGM outs to send signals, as well as using the direct outs on each channel.

Am I just missing something big here? or is this just impossible on the 308? I've been reading over the manual and sources online, and nothing's exactly fitting my predicament. Has anyone had or seen a similar set up?

and obviously, the easiest thing to do would be to just add the looper into the effect chain.. but that limits what instruments can play, and simultaneously have effects, while a loop is being recorded.

I appreciate any responses.
New to the site, looking forward to learning more!

I think I have a picture of what you're trying to do, but not 100% certain. Sounds like you should be using the insert point on a single channel. However I don't know the RC-2, so don't know what kind of control you have with it, such as direct to effect ratio if any. But that may not matter. For most effects intended for one channel rather than everything assigned to a given program buss, you should use the Insert point (AKA Channel Send and Receive) for whatever channel you want to use the looper on.

Back