Newbie w/Advance Q: TASCAM US1800, How to "In Box" Play & Record?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOO-KAYYYY! Hic Up! :drunk: The Brewskies may have helped! :cool:

I may have a work-around to do this. It's not efficient but, it allows me to leave my Hard Wiring fixed and control these types of recordings via any Software or Software Pair and return to tradition recording with no problem.

In Summary. I connected the Tascam Digital In ports (AKA COAX S/PDIF OR 15/16 In) to a Tascam Out I/O port (e.g. Out #1 & #2) using an external Digital Recorder (BOSS BR532) which sends Digital Audio, as a router between the I/O & the S/PDIF.

Here's the connectivity: Tascam Ports 1-4 have Fixed source & amplitude. So, effectively I am streaming audio from my Browser-> PC/Tascam USB-> Tascam I/O "Out" (1-4)-> Boss I/O "In"->
-> Boss (sends Digital Audio) "Out" S/PDIF-> Tascam S/PDIF "In" (Sends Digital Audio)-> PC/Tascam USB "In" -> to Audacity can record the Digital Audio!

Very inefficient but, it works! :cool:

P.S. The Boss provides my Drum machine & additional Fx so, the S/PDIF is not wasted. There R other small stuff in the connection circle but, I omitted them as, they involved Cable Gender Changers, unbalance-to-balance Converters, and stuff like that. If anyone need to know how to do these parts (conversions, changes) Hit me at my email address & I'll let you know. Thanks for all contributors here and in the Newbie Post that lead to this! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back