New Tascam DP24

cwhowell2

I used a Tascam 2488 for many years but lost it in the September flood. I have tried for 3 months to get Sonar X1 to work with audio recording and have finally written it off and ordered Tascam's 2488 replacement, the DP24. Does anybody have one of these yet? I like the idea of recording to an SD card rather than a hard-drive.
Thanks - Bill

The analog control section looks pretty cool. But they still expect users to be satisfied with that tiny screen, why not have a video output. Bad thing just noticed there is no S/Pdif output, that sux- means no 24 bit mastering.

Another 2488 (Mk I) user here, watching for actual user reviews of the new DP-24....I think they did away with the MIDI drum patterns in the Mk II and beyond, which is a shame...it's a very handy tool for working out parts, which can then be replaced by an actual drummer. The DP-24 seems to continue with this, and I'm not sure I'd like the screen based input assignment. It's so simple to use the 2488 buttons to assign an input to a channel, to couple two inputs to a linked pair, etc. - it's the basic hands-on functionality of this new model that I'll be interested in reading about.

Back