New DP-24 Firmware!!!

crashing and saving EQ issues have been resolved satisfactorily with the latest firmware?
according to the release notes, that was fixed with the previous update, v1.11 (quoted: "Under the following conditions, the input, track and equalizer settings would be initialized. This has been fixed") - v1.11 was itself only quite recent wasn't it?

apparently v1.12 only fixes two things - a glitch with the Live Writer and a problem with the In, Out and To points not showing properly in the Track Edit section.

I was running v1.11 until a few minutes ago. I had no issues whatsoever with that version, everything seemed to work as expected. I didn't use the Live-Writer function that is addressed in the new release, but I upgraded anyway, just to keep current. The EQ issue was a glitch in the 1.10 version, and got fixed in 1.11.

Ver 1.11 came out in early Feb 2013.

NEWBIE here with the dp-24 that i credit you guys to helping me decide to get it...

my question... i just got my unit and my little studio set up, its running v1.02. i have the tascam site with all the firmware and addendum stuff up and ready to go. i just need to know if, in order to get ALL the changes and fixes in all the previous firmware updates, do i need to do consecutive firmware updates or will the LATEST, v1.12, incorporate ALL the previous fixes/changes.. so i would just need to do the latest update then.

if someone could kindly get the answer to me asap so i can get to recording, it would be greatly appreciated!!

you can pm me here or email me at guitarsjm@gmail.com

thank you guys for all the help and knowledge i have learned from this site and look forward to being a contributing member!!

thanks in advance!!

j

NEWBIE here with the dp-24 that i credit you guys to helping me decide to get it...

my question... i just got my unit and my little studio set up, its running v1.02. i have the tascam site with all the firmware and addendum stuff up and ready to go. i just need to know if, in order to get ALL the changes and fixes in all the previous firmware updates, do i need to do consecutive firmware updates or will the LATEST, v1.12, incorporate ALL the previous fixes/changes.. so i would just need to do the latest update then.

if someone could kindly get the answer to me asap so i can get to recording, it would be greatly appreciated!!

you can pm me here or email me at guitarsjm@gmail.com

thank you guys for all the help and knowledge i have learned from this site and look forward to being a contributing member!!

thanks in advance!!

j

thank you clivewil! gonna go do it now.. really appreciate the info/help..

j

You know....3 new firmware versions later.......and Tascam still hasn't addressed a simple problem with the DP-24. When you use the CD mode and play a CD........track #1 and # 2 each end up with the pan moved all the way left (track 1) and all the way right (track 2). So...when you go back to using the unit in any other mode.....those two tracks have to be manually re-adjusted to where they were in your previous work. Hopefully you have that noted or you'll just have to guess. Yup...I know.....not a huge deal......just annoying.

I can't say I've seen that behavior, but only because I don't play CDs on the DP-24. Maybe no one has reported it to Tascam. Previous firmware updates resulted from users' comments/complaints.

file extension

Hello. I have a DP-24 which, after about a year of ownership (and probably no more than 50 hours of use) has begun to freeze, the only control remaining responsive is the Jog/Data wheel. I suspect/hope it is due to a problem with the card I'm using (another card, the first one I bought for the machine after deciding the supplied card was too small, has produced no problem yet). So, trying to sort out this problem, my first idea was to get the firmware update..

On that note, can anyone tell me the file extension of the firmware update? After extracting the file from the zip, my computer believes it is a ".115" file. I suspect this is confusion caused by the title of the file ending in ".115". Whatever the reason, the DP-24 does not acknowledge the file in the utility folder (in fact, doesn't show a utility folder), and the procedure to access the file on the unit (i.e. hold MUTE and UNDO/REDO, etc.) has no effect. I am thinking the first thing to rule out is whether the problem is an incorrect file extension name.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Hello. I have a DP-24 which, after about a year of ownership (and probably no more than 50 hours of use) has begun to freeze, the only control remaining responsive is the Jog/Data wheel. I suspect/hope it is due to a problem with the card I'm using (another card, the first one I bought for the machine after deciding the supplied card was too small, has produced no problem yet). So, trying to sort out this problem, my first idea was to get the firmware update..

On that note, can anyone tell me the file extension of the firmware update? After extracting the file from the zip, my computer believes it is a ".115" file. I suspect this is confusion caused by the title of the file ending in ".115". Whatever the reason, the DP-24 does not acknowledge the file in the utility folder (in fact, doesn't show a utility folder), and the procedure to access the file on the unit (i.e. hold MUTE and UNDO/REDO, etc.) has no effect. I am thinking the first thing to rule out is whether the problem is an incorrect file extension name.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

First ... you say you don't see a UTILITY folder? Did you format the card in the DP24? If not, do so, and do a full format (even if it's already formatted). Yes, that is the correct file extension (it's the version number). After you format (takes some time) follow the update instructions, it'll work fine. You are likely to kill two birds with stone!

Last edited:
First ... you say you don't see a UTILITY folder? Did you format the card in the DP24? If not, do so, and do a full format (even if it's already formatted). Yes, that is the correct file extension (it's the version number). After you format (takes some time) follow the update instructions, it'll work fine. You are likely to kill two birds with stone!

Got it. Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Back