Need help connecting a Lexicon 480L to a Tascam 2488

sabinrc

I am a newbe to home studio recording. Up till now I have been using the built in effects on a Tascam.
I recently got a Lexicon 480L I need help installing and using it. PLease remember I am a little dumb when
it comes to hooking this up and added the effects to my vocal tracks

Below is a screenshot from the 480L manual. I have edited out an extra set of outputs from the the 480L to simplify things. The Main Outputs from the 480L can plug into a pair of channels that will be a assigned to a pair of tracks on the Tascam. You might use channels 7 and 8 on the Tascam for example. You'll record the effect and then at mix down you can blend the effect into the dry sound.

I got the first part ( connections ) Where i am a little lost is how to add the effect to ie: my vocal track which i recorded lets say on track 3. Before the lexicon i would just activate the vocal track and pressthe send button and adjust t he amount of effect to add. If there ius a ny way i can call u let me know thru mu email hatoriusa@aol.com it would be greatly appreciated> Richard

Too bad, looks like Lexicon doesn't have a s-pdif out, you could get the best of it.

Well, you recorded a voice on track 3. Edit the send for that track, send it to effect 1, not LOOP, LOOP is internal effect as you were doing before. Connect the send1 out to lexicon. As Arcaxis said, out of Lexicon back to another pair of tracks (ex: 7-8 as said).

What is new here is Effect 1 not Loop. You can send both Effect 1 and Effect 2, but then you have to connect both outs to Lexicon too.

Back