Low Volume TASCAM 414

mamba98

Hello,

Need help. Brand new to recording. I just bought a TASCAM414 and have tried recording a Keyboard and Mic.

1st track Keyboard second track Mic. Both plugged into the Line in/Mic. Using a Amp as a monitor hooked into the mono output jacks. trim adjusted to peak no more than 6 db's. When trying to record track 2 using tape cue you can hardly hear the keyboard. Is this normal? Is my set up right.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mamba

Thank You I will try tonight and let you know
what happens.

Mamba

[This message has been edited by mamba98 (edited 10-25-1999).]

make sure the amp is connected to Effect Send2 /Tape Cue output. (effect 1 will not work as a tape cue)

Was track 1 recorded hot? (see the LED levels)

Put effect send to about 2 o'clock position. Switch the monitor switch to tape cue and have the monitor level (headphone knob) up till the LR level indicators are good.

Using headphones would be easier, but your set up should work. Just make sure all the effect2/Tape cue switches are right and the monitor volumes too.

SN,

Thank you for the advise. It worked and I am
very very happy about it. Recorded 1st song out of ten!!

Mamba

It is funny, but in your initial troubles that "barley audible" music you heard should not have been audible at all.

What you were listening to was unwanted signal bleedthrough. You should have heard nothing from the tape. Cause: inexpensive and decent, but not great mixer electronics.

Back