Importing wav files

todouglas

I followed all instructions about opening the USB, copying the wav file, and I can see the file via my computer on the DP 01 hard drive. But when trying to "Import Track" it tells me the file is protected and I can't go any further. Any thoughts?

I want to import a kareoke file and then record my daughter's voice to it. Thanks for any help out there. TD

Is it an actual "WAVE" file? Or is it a karoake file? If it's not a wav, it will show in the folder, but won't be recognized when it comes time to import.

*...keep in mind, I don't know anything about the DP 01, but I do have the TASCAM 2488, and what I said above would be the case with the 2488...So I'm tryin to help but I might be way off. :)

I have a DP-01, and have done that procedure many times; in fact, I imported one this morning.
1) make sure the file you want to import is in WAV format in your PC
2) make sure the file is a MONO file (you won't be able to import a stereo track)

Just in case, I'll drop the procedure:
1) plug in the USB cable (DP-01 to PC)
2) in the DISK menu, select OPEN/CLOSE USB
3) copy/paste your MONO WAV file from your PC to your DP-01's FAT partition.
4) close the USB
5) load the song in which you want the file to be imported (if you haven't created one, do so before trying to import)
6) in the WAVE menu, select IMPORT TRACK
7) assign the track in which you want your file to be imported
8) click yes:)

The only problems I've had when importing tracks, have been caused by trying to import files in the wrong format (MP3, stereo tracks).

I hope you can import your file succesfully.

Cheers!

Back