Home Recording Blues...

Cambro64

Hello everyone - I am new to digital porta-studios (Had a Yamaha 8 Channel 6 Track back when) and recently picked up a used Tascam DP-01 fx and I find it frustrating that there is not much in the way of decks that are "simple" to use the way the old tape machines were. (Ya - I'm old, haha)...but seriously, i get bogged down with all the little things that are suppose to make it easier but for me, frustrates to the point of resignation. The term "Options paralysis" is the closest that I have read to how I feel.

Anyone know of a straight forward board (like the oldies) that is "plug-in and record" type?
Am I missing out with this board?

So much music in me with nowhere to put it (lol).

Any help would be appreciated.

The term "Options paralysis" is the closest that I have read to how I feel.

Just because newer decks have more options doesn't mean you have to use them.
Any daw or deck out there allows you to just enable a track, route an input and go, like you would with a tape machine. Start simple and learn new features as you get comfortable.

Just because newer decks have more options doesn't mean you have to use them.
Any daw or deck out there allows you to just enable a track, route an input and go, like you would with a tape machine. Start simple and learn new features as you get comfortable.

Absolutely. Get a good sound going and then hit "record." Don't overdo the input gain. It should sound pretty good. All the other features are gravy. I have to say, "menu paralysis" was one of the things that put me off standalone digital recorders. It's just easier to do things on a monitor.

Back