HELP! iTunes doesn't work - for WAV file back-up

TECHNINOT

HELP!!!
This is rather urgent, as all of you will understand.
I have learned the importance of back-up by some rather cruel experiences, so it's something I do automatically now.
Nearly at the end work on a new song, I really need to back-up, and suddenly, my iTunes simply doesn't work. Trying to get assistance from Apple is like trying to walk on the ocean. My Mac is seven years old, so they don't even want to know about me...

Is there another solution/download for backing up files and also for transforming them on mp3 files?

I would appreciate your wise council ASAP.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

Wiliam

How much space are you talking about? I am not sure what you mean by relying on iTunes for backup. Do you just mean that because the files are in the iTunes library they are being backed up by Time Machine? Unless the files on your computer are in a directory you've specifically excluded, they'll still get backed up by TM.

You can use Audacity for conversion, though there are probably lots of other options. With Audacity, you'll need to download the MP3 library and install it because it's not included by default.

I'm running a mid-2010 MacBook Pro (OS X Sierra) and iTunes works Ok for me.

P.S. If I have stuff I want to back up outside of Time Machine's workings, I use either cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, or MS OneDrive), or for local a/v projects I have a mirrored (RAID 1) drive.

Back