Help with burning a cd that will play on my car cd

roadtrek77

Help with burning from a Taskam DR40
Hi
I record guitar music and songs on a Taskam DR40. How can I download music to windows media player and than burn a audio cd that will play on my car cd player? Is there a special format I must use, or can I use the default setting on the recorder? I also have, besides windows media player, Ashampoo burning studio or Roxio.
I would appreciate any support help you can give me. Thanks so much as I have tried every way I know to burn a audio playable cd. After burning, cd will only play on windows media not in my car cd.
Thanks James in TN

Best chance is to create an "audio CD" and not an MP3 CD, using CD-R media. Include CD-text if that is an option. Most cars with CD players should play it. My 2011 plays MP3 CDs as well. Can't remember cars before that, but I think even 2000-ish models played CD-R. (Our newest car doesn't even have a CD player AFAIK!) Some older players will just not read CD-R, regardless of whether it's an audio CD format or MP3s, and more have problems with CD-RW. How old is the player/car?

Thanks MR Kirchen. It is 2005 Ford Ranger with the pioneer radio/cd in it. Can I use the default format on my Taskam?

Make sure you are converting to either MP3 or interleaved AIFF or WAV before you burn to cd. A circa 2005 pioneer should be able to play nice with any of those but avoid wmv files.

Thanks MR Kirchen. It is 2005 Ford Ranger with the pioneer radio/cd in it. Can I use the default format on my Taskam?
I don't know what the default format is on the Tascam, but it's the burning software on the PC that decides what kind of CD format to create when burning.

So, there's a couple things to check, and one is the format on the Tascam, because you'll get the best quality with a 44.1kHz/24-bit WAV file, at the expense of galloping through SD card space about 8x as fast. If you are going to do more editing of the files in DAW software, like Reaper, then that's the format I'd use.

If you are only going to burn these to CD, then I might use a bitrate of 256kHz or even 320kHz MP3 format on the Tascam.

Either WMP or the Roxio software should allow you to put files from your external SD card into a burnlist. Just check the options to level the volume (I recommend this), and burn an Audio CD, not MP3. I can't say that I've burn a CD on WMP in many years (iTunes user), so I might be inclined to try the Roxio software. WMP has a tendency to create things that are Windows-centric, and you probably have to diddle some setting in the program options to create a compatible CD.

^+1 I bleve Keef smarter-n-me
Ha. Unlikely.

OP's player might actually play MP3 CDs because from a quick google it seems like WMP will create a CD with .wma files on it by default, which of course only plays on a Windows PC. But, I'd start by creating an audio CD (limited to an hour or so of music files) first, and see how that goes. It should play in any newer car with a CD player.

Here's a side trip!
I was informed'.. the reason I was having 'issues playing my 16/44 thumb drive mixes on my Doge Caravan's USB aux input?.. 'Yeah, it's expecting 'i-tune folders/tracks, so it's.. well, 'complicated'. :drunk:

- In iTunes, import your tracks from the Tascam
- In iTunes, create a playlist
- in iTunes, add your imported tracks to playlist
- in iTunes, select playlist and burn to Audio CD

No need to make it any more complicated than this. It doesn't matter how you recorded on the Tascam. The iTunes import will deal with it.

I have Ashampoo's Burning Studio 19. It will do everything you need. Give it the audio files from the Tascam and tell it what you want. Audio CD? Car-specific MP3 CD? No problem. It will do the MP3 conversions, as well (I never use the VBR option; I liked fixed bit rates; no compatibility issues). I gave B.S.19 a bunch of files and told it to burn an MP3 disk for a Subaru Harman Kardon playback unit (100s of car radios to choose from). Super simple. Worked like a charm. v19 was released last month. And it rips CDs, too! Great program.

- In iTunes, import your tracks from the Tascam
- In iTunes, create a playlist
- in iTunes, add your imported tracks to playlist
- in iTunes, select playlist and burn to Audio CD

No need to make it any more complicated than this. It doesn't matter how you recorded on the Tascam. The iTunes import will deal with it.
I agree itunes the way to go .Burn it to wave format 16 bit 44100 you could also put it on your i-phone mp3 from itunes

Here's a side trip!
I was informed'.. the reason I was having 'issues playing my 16/44 thumb drive mixes on my Doge Caravan's USB aux input?.. 'Yeah, it's expecting 'i-tune folders/tracks, so it's.. well, 'complicated'. :drunk:

The USB will work fine with mp3's but will not play wav files of any sort. No need for itunes, you just need to use a normal directory structure if you have a lot of music. Top folder is band, album folders in that one and song folders in those. It's probably how you have everything organized on the computer in the first place.

Just an observation? Everything you buy these days, hard or software seems to need soft/firmware updates. I doubt ICE is any different?

Might be worth seeing if there is anything to download for the Ford?

Dave.

Back