Help! 612.4MB limit for Audio Depot export????

cyber3d

WTF. I'm trying to export 6 tracks (112MB each) to Audio Depot onto a 32GB SD Card on my Tascam DP-24 (DP24). The card has somewhere around 30GB free space. The total MB of all 6 tracks is 672MB.

When I try to load all 6 tracks (672MB) into Audio Depot, it gives me the error message: Export File Too Big. The DP24 will only allow me to export 5 of the tracks - it says 512/612.4 on the display (which indicates those 5 tracks equal 512MB out of the 612.5MB space available).

The manual says I need to free up more space on the card. But, I have 30GB of space! What is going on here?

Any clues?

This is a problem as my tracks are going to be enormous. The sessions are going to be long with 6 tracks at 6 hours long each!

This definitely sounds like there's not enough space on the SD, even though you say there is. Have you verified the available free space via File Explorer and Drive Properties?

Can you try bypassing the SD, going directly to PC via USB with drag-n-drop.. then seeing how large those files are. Are they the same, or larger?

I can't think of anything else, unless your SD card is messed up.

Triple checked the cards. Tried a test on a new 32GB card. The card was full formatted on the DP24 itself from the menu). 2 hours on 6 tracks. Each track 786MB.

It won't allow me to Audio Depot a single track. There is some internal 612MB limit to each track export. That sucks because the raw files have names that don't correspond to the tracks nor sequences from the DP display. I have to edit the names of each track file and splice my tracks together without effects from the DP. I have to bring in the raw wav files into Adobe Audition and do all the work there. That is a major flaw in the DP. UNLESS I am doing something wrong. Man, I hope I am the one making the error. I spent so much time learning and setting up this machine in my studio. ARRRRRGH.

Back