expanding DP-24SD recording capabilities.

Redtortoise39

I use my Tascam mainly for recording live performances. We all know that this unit is capable of recording 8 inputs simultaneously. My question is this...drums take up way too many inputs. Is it possible to line this machine to another small mixer (that's lined into a snake) and just use one input off of the Tascam machine? Thanks.

if you have a mixer with sub groups you can sub mix on the mixer and send the output to the DP, or you could use a mixer just to mix the drums and send the output to the DP, only thing is once you send a mix to the DP its there, you cannot change it. the levels for the live mix may not be what you need for the recording.

Is there anyway around this "line level" issue that would allow you to have control over the mix afterwards?

if you send a mix to one channel on the DP, say kick snare and hat, you get what you get. once you "sub mix" several channels then send to one channel on the DP you cannot change it afterwards. if you can get a board that has 8 sub group outs it would be easier, at least you could still maintain some separation. how many total inputs do you need and for what?

Back