Effects on the Tascam 2488 neo

Metal Titan

ok i just bought the tascam 2488 neo and i've already run into a problem. I've started recording guitar for my demo and i realized i prefer my stomp box pedals to the built in effects processor on the actual recorder. i figured i could just plug my guitar into the pedals then into the H input on the front but when i played back what i recorded i got no sound at all. i double checked the master bus and the monitor level and all that for the volume but it was all fine. I really need to be able to do this so any help i can get would be great and thanks for anyone's help a head of time

Make sure you assigned the right channel and you armed the track to record.

I'm not sure if your pedal changes the signal from your guitar but if it brings it up to line level you should record from one of the line level jacks in the back.

Ideally you want to run your guitar and pedal through an amp and mic the amp for recording.

I need some help...I just purchased the Tascam 2488neo...I have recorded five tracks for a song each using a different effect from the built-in multi effects option...however when I play the song back all the effects are gone...I don't understand why each track does't stay the way I recorded it...help!!

It all depends on how you're routing the signal.
If you send the input to the Multi efx or compressors to a channel/track then the effects will be printed or recorded.
If you send the input to the channel/track to the multi effect then the effects don't print.
It sometimes helps me to think of the machine in it's separate sections

...not hi-jacking someone else's thread would also be a good thing.

Back