Driver shows in Devices tab, but not preferred devices dropdown...?!?

bwalker

Hi there. I am running Pro tools free on a Dell Dimension, P3, 512 RAM through a Tascam US-122. I had no problems w/ the interface at first, however since the desktop was given to me w/ several habitual hiccups, (sounds like a band name doesn't it?), I decided to reformat the hard-drive and reinstall Windows 98SE. This I did, followed by several visits to the windows update site. Finally the time came to reinstall the US-122 drivers. However, when it was fully installed I couldn't get the system to recognize it as a preferred device in the multimedia properties dialog box on the audio tab. It IS listed as a device in both the devices tab of the multimedia properties dialog box AND the device manager in the system properties dialog box. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers four times now. I emailed Tech support, but they quoted me chapter and verse on uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. (It was like the guy didn't even read the message I sent him). I would really appreciate any advice anyone has to offer. (I don't think it's an IRQ conflict.) Thanks in advance!

Back