DP24SD and graphic screen

JeffF

Hello,

As I learn about my new unit, does it allow sweeping EQ'ing in a time-progression fashion to view what the mixing looks like while heard?

I bought a set of monitors and have a very good set of phones, but if I can see graphically of what the signal sounds like, it can help me determine if the monitoring sources are hyped or affected acoustically. If this can be done, if this a practical advantage in features often used in mixing by Tascam owners?

Suggestion this and other approaches to keep in mind toward mixing with the graphic display with phones is appreciated. Am I seeing in the manual that a sweeping view, top to bottom of the audio range, and dB level monitoring can be done in a time progressive fashion for mix down as I progress in what I am hearing in my trustable in flatness phones and rechecked with the monitors to go back over what I might have missed with the phones--here, too, seeing any spikes, for example, should be a benefit--if possible of features.

Thank you for your feedback, JeffF.

Hello,

As I learn about my new unit, does it allow sweeping EQ'ing in a time-progression fashion to view what the mixing looks like while heard?

I bought a set of monitors and have a very good set of phones, but if I can see graphically of what the signal sounds like, it can help me determine if the monitoring sources are hyped or affected acoustically. If this can be done, if this a practical advantage in features often used in mixing by Tascam owners?

Suggestion this and other approaches to keep in mind toward mixing with the graphic display with phones is appreciated. Am I seeing in the manual that a sweeping view, top to bottom of the audio range, and dB level monitoring can be done in a time progressive fashion for mix down as I progress in what I am hearing in my trustable in flatness phones and rechecked with the monitors to go back over what I might have missed with the phones--here, too, seeing any spikes, for example, should be a benefit--if possible of features.

Thank you for your feedback, JeffF.

You know, sometimes I wish the view was not there when mixing at my studio, your ears tell you if things are correct not a visual screen. Do you really need to see everything?

Alan.

Back