DP24 Song Backup Problem

Mickster

Ok.....here's my problem. For years now I've been copying complete DP24 songs from my "SONG file" on my SD card to my Win 8 64 bit laptop.........assuming all the time that I was creating a backup in case of any issue with the card or the DP24. See page 80 in the manual. Fortunately, I have never needed to use a backup file for any reason. But.......last week......I decided to take an entire song that I had copied to my PC......rename it.........and drop it back into the "SONG" file of the DP24 SD card I was using that had the original song on it. I wanted to keep the original but try a new version with different effects......etc. And yes.......I guess I could have just copied the file using the DP24 menu function to the same card as well and renamed that. But that's not the point. When I disconnected the USB......I went to the DP24 MENU to load the song......it wasn't there at all. The original song was there but not the newly named one. No matter how I tried to do that....it wouldn't work. Now I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong........and I'm not really backing up my songs. What am I doing wrong? How do you guys back up your DP24 songs? Thanks......

Back