DP24 and Guitar Effects?

Michael O'Regan

Up till now I've been using the old DP02 which has many guitar effects on board. I'm thinking about upgrading to the DP24. However, am I right in thinking that the 24 does not have all those guitar effects on board such as fuzz, overdrive, distortion, etc.? I may be reading it wrong, but from what I can gather it only appears to have the chorus, phase, flanger type effects.

Any help?

The DP24 has a set of guitar amp sims with a range of adjustable settings that could be what you're looking for. Check the user manual on line and see if that will work for you.

I checked out the manual but it's not very clear.
I know there are amp sims but I'm interested in the fuzz, distortion, etc. effects in particular. No biggie if they're not there. I just wondered.

Nope....there's no actual distortion or fuzz effect types. You'll have to use your send /return to an outboard for that. Or just in the direct in path. Have fun!!

Thanks.

I've been contemplating getting a Boss ME-25 or some such anyway, so maybe now's the time.

Any problems putting the Boss into the DP-24?

Last edited:
No.....should work fine. Not sure if you're intending to use it between your guitar and the DP24 or if you want to use it in the send / return effects loop. Either way.........no problems.

The guitar amp sims are ok, as long as you're not using them for guitar. When I first got it, I just plugged my guitar into it instead of using a mic and an amp. That didn't last long. But your voice can sound pretty cool when you run it through the "guitar amp" sims with some gain.

My Pod HD500 and Digitech RP1000 sound amazing recorded on my DP32!!!
I see NO reason whatsoever that with even the simplest of guitar amp simulators that they would sound no less than stellar in the right hands!!!

Thats as far as I've gotten with the unit, just laying down some rhythm guitar tracks...
I'm a complete novice with my DP32 but have high hopes, as its sound quality is exceptional!!!

Nope....there's no actual distortion or fuzz effect types. You'll have to use your send /return to an outboard for that. Or just in the direct in path. Have fun!!

Hi mate,
How do I do this with the Digitech GSP1101 preamp? How do i set up the send/return as If i direct path into the DP32 there is no sound. If I take out the Digitech 1101 and go straight into there is sound so must be a setting or something.

---------- Update ----------

Is it easy to do with the GSP1101?
What settings do you need on the DP32 It is very confusing.

Back