DP24 in comparison to DP24SD

TECHNINOT

Hello!

As I have said several times, I do LOVE my DP24. In spite of its rather neurotic character. Nonetheless, after trying to make a mix of the song I'm currently working on and having it crash at 33-03 three times consecutively, I'm losing my patience, a patience which has taken on an even greater amplitude since working with this machine :-)

So, my question: what is the difference between my DP24 and its updated (I imagine) version the DP24SD?
What are the improvements? Is it somehow, let's say, more mentally stable, more reliable, less apt to run amuck at the most inappropriate moments?

Is it BETTER, and why?

Thank you kindly for your responses, if any.

William

To begin with, I am not familiar with the DP24 - so my comments may not apply.

I do use a DP-03SD. I wanted the DP-03 with CD, but they were all being replaced with the SD models.. which brings me to this:

The difference between your DP24 and the updated DP24SD may only be the storage medium, and it's related internal software workings - all else being identical. Of course, if you upgrade to the newer unit it's going to be in perfect condition and serve you well for many years.

There's some talk of firmware problems, but that may not apply. I found that here MUFF WIGGLER :: View topic - Opinions on Tascam DP-24 or DP-32 ?

Back