DP-32SD button problems

Pub Style...... was it a malfunction of the buttons or something else?

Here's what happened:

Day one: Things seemed to work fine as I recorded some acoustic guitar tracks (just to get my feet wet) They sounded great BTW.

Day two: the three acoustic guitar tracks suddenly were all suddenly controlled (volume) by only track one. Meaning that tracks 4,5 and 6 (the inputs I recorded on) were now all controlled by track ones slider. I reformatted the memory card to get a fresh start ETC. That didn't work and it only got worse from there. Its a nice looking machine, but it is a horrible product. If you are somebody looking to record REAL drums and actually mic the amps ETC.. this unit is not for you, or anybody.

Good looking machine. I'll say that.

@CraigG58

I can appreciate what you had to say there, and I am glad it has worked out for you. I was on the fence about returning the unit for refund or just exchanging it but to put it simple, I was pissed off. I have read many reviews about how others have had the same problems with defective units. Perhaps one in five are total lemons. I don't know.

Thanks again for your post.

No problem! Sorry I get a bit chatty, I tend to do that in forum posts (and FB, and email, and blogs, and...). At least Twitter reels me in. :rolleyes:

I know it's considered a cardinal sin to buy gear or instruments without trying them out first, but I buy almost all of mine at Musician's Friend on the web. They've got a very liberal return policy, and I've never had a bad experience with them in 15+ years. Anyway, that's where I bought mine. It was on sale and getting a 4/5 star user rating at the time, so I went for it. User ratings and return policies mean a lot to me in any online store, especially when buying gear I've never used before. It gets the same rating on Amazon as well.

BTW, that's an awesome home recording studio you've got there! Mine's a 15x12' room that's got so much stuff crammed into it, there's not enough room for the proverbial fly to fart. I'm actually considering extending it by building on an addition on to my house.

Hey again Pub Style...

Wow, that's really weird behavior. You're right, probably a defective unit.

But respectfully, I couldn't disagree with you more about recording drums with it.

I play a DW drum kit, and use 7 mics. This works out great for me since it has 8 inputs, and can also record up to 8 tracks simultaneously. I plug the drum mics into the first 7 inputs, and a 16 channel mixer into the 8th, which I run everything else into. I prefer this configuration because it gives me just about an infinite amount of drum sound control during mixdown using that Cakewalk DAW. For example, I record each drum mic with panning centered, and can tweak it any way I want later. One norm for me is to pan each mic during mixdown to give the effect that the listener is standing directly in front of the drum kit.

Granted, this probably wouldn't work out very well for someone who wants to record other multiple sources onto different tracks at the same time. But, since I'm usually doing the "one man band" thing, it's a perfect set-up.

No problem! Sorry I get a bit chatty, I tend to do that in forum posts (and FB, and email, and blogs, and...). At least Twitter reels me in. :rolleyes:

I know it's considered a cardinal sin to buy gear or instruments without trying them out first, but I buy almost all of mine at Musician's Friend on the web. They've got a very liberal return policy, and I've never had a bad experience with them in 15+ years. Anyway, that's where I bought mine. It was on sale and getting a 4/5 star user rating at the time, so I went for it. User ratings and return policies mean a lot to me in any online store, especially when buying gear I've never used before. It gets the same rating on Amazon as well.

BTW, that's an awesome home recording studio you've got there! Mine's a 15x12' room that's got so much stuff crammed into it, there's not enough room for the proverbial fly to fart. I'm actually considering extending it by building on an addition on to my house.

Thanks for the kind words on my home recording/mancave facility. And hey, never apologize for being "chatty" on a message board. That's what their for, and hell, we just might learn something along the way.

What's you twitter? I just started with that so I'm thus far low on activity. But what the hey:guitar:

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words on my home recording/mancave facility. And hey, never apologize for being "chatty" on a message board. That's what their for, and hell, we just might learn something along the way.

What's you twitter? I just started with that so I'm thus far low on activity. But what the hey:guitar:

Cheers

I have a Twitter account that I used to use for personal stuff, but have since converted to support my little studio:
https://twitter.com/Cygnus_Studios

There's a Facebook page for it as well:
https://www.facebook.com/cygnus.studios.florida/

I've also put some of my songs online on Soundcloud and Bandcamp. Since Soundcloud seems to get more attention with listeners, I only have what I consider my 5 best ones on there. I made videos for a few of them and other music-related stuff as well that are on YouTube. I'm certainly no Led Zeppelin, but I do have fun with it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-44230886
https://craigg58.bandcamp.com/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-Qg3BtiYP5Tqv9CpBjjnjq3gG2jxH3vR

Primarily, I play cover songs. That's usually very time consuming in itself, since doing the "one man band" thing I have to play, record, mix and master everything myself (plus keep all of those sites updated). There's not been much new activity on any of the accounts I listed, since I've had a lot of "real life" demands lately. My current project is working on an original song, when I manage to get the time here and there. Of course, that makes things take even longer, since I had to write all of the music as well. At least it's an instrumental, so no one will have to listen to my lousy vocals. ;)

I use "Guitar Pro 6" for writing, and it's a great program. I first got into using it out of necessity during my recording covering Zappa's "Joe's Garage", because I couldn't find a bass tab anywhere that was even close to being true to the original. So, I listened to the original for about 10 seconds at a time, tabbing it out bit-by-bit in GP6. Man, that was quite the project all in itself. I'm lucky enough to have some friends in Finland that own their own fully-blown recording studio and liked the recording itself, so they were kind enough to mix and master that one for free, and an awesome job they did. Check it out, see what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/user-44230886/joes-garage

So, that's pretty much my current story. Hope you enjoy my stuff.

Back