DP-32 or DP24 Track export /import

songsj

After you record on A DP-32 or DP24 how do you export/import your files to your computer DAW for mixing, Do they transfer as .wav files or what. I not real up to speed on FAT 16 FAT 32.

Not sure how a video about EQ is helpful. Here's the deal: all file transfers are done through the AUDIO DEPOT folder. If a track contains only part of the song it will be padded with empty space. All punch-ins on a track will be combined in to a single finished track. This assures that the tracks line up in the DAW as you would expect. If you recorded with send FX, your track will be exported DRY (no FX), and you can add FX in the DAW.

Here's how:

Select your song
Press MENU
Select AUDIO DEPOT
Select [F2]EXPORT
Select the tracks you wish to export using the jog wheel and the check mark [F2]
Press [F4]
Answer YES [F2]

Your export tracks are located in the AUDIO DEPOT folder ... you can either connect to your computer with USB, or remove the card (turn the DP OFF before doing so!) and use a card reader on the PC.

Thanks for the info guys currently own a 2488, I track on it and export .wav files on cd to my DAW for mixing and editing. My DAW is an old pentium 4, 3.0, XP machine with tons of spendy plugins. I've had pretty good luck so far. I'm trying to decide if I should purchase a USB interface and make the leap to tracking as well on the DAW or buy a new DP-32 for tracking. Mixing is one thing tracking is another. I really don't want to have to deal with latency issues in the recording process etc. I could upgrade my computer but it would cost me thousands to upgrade my plugins to 64 bit and I'm not willing to spend that much. I guess if I'm happy with the 2488 I don't need to buy anything, I'm just thinking that the DA card or USB transfer may be quicker and more convenient than the 2488 CD export. This is just for myself, not recording bands etc. I'm 60 so at best I figure this set up has to keep me going for another 10 years then I'll be to old to care. Thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

The video link is to a series of tutorials ...sorry it was not helpful.
You did watch all of them ?.
And yes export is the way forward as stated in the Manuel .

Thanks for the info guys currently own a 2488, I track on it and export .wav files on cd to my DAW for mixing and editing.

The card transfer is faster than USB, and it's nice to have non-mechanical storage, and it's great the DP's record to WAV natively ... but ... the DP series may cost you some functionality, and some who have "upgraded" to them from the 2488 series have been disappointed. I'm happy with my DP24 (the original) and use it for tracking, and use Reaper on a recent iMac for my DAW.

With my old Compact Flash Tascam PS5. it is less steps to just pull the card and plug that into the computer. Over both USB connections its just a storage device to read and write. I wouldn't be exporting to CD. Even with waves on my sampler, I can load, save, transfer to/from the device, SCSI storage, and computer right from the computer over SCSI. I usually don't have a lot of tracks, so I often just DUB my track outs to the interface. I can add the missing kazoo track over digital at the same time

Back