DP-24 question

pbassbob

Hi All,

If this has been asked and answered, my apologies...I didn't find it when I looked around!

I read in the DP-24 manual where you can easily import and export WAV files to and from a computer via the "Audio Depot" folder, but there's no mention (in the manual) of whether you can import and export WAV files from a CD.

This is important to me, as I have read that you cannot backup song data from a 2488 and then restore the song onto a DP-24, as they're not compatible with each other...I'd like to be able to set up the DP-24 in my home studio, move the 2488 into the home office, and then take my time selecting songs that haven't been completed on the 2488, backing the tracks (as WAV files) onto a CD, and then importing those tracks onto the DP-24 to continue working on the songs.

While I could use a computer if I had to, it would be far more convenient to shuttle the files on CDs.....

Hoping someone has had occasion to import WAV files (as individual tracks) into a DP-24 from a CD, and can just verify that it can be done!

Thanks!

I don't believe that option exists ... I would use a card reader ... simply take a DP-24 formatted SD card and copy your 2488 WAVs into the AudioDepot folder on the SD card, and import into your DP-24 from there.

Thanks for your reply, RustyAxe....I'd pretty much came to the same conclusion, and agree....either the SD card, or set up the old laptop to use as a data shuttle device on the recording desk. I've made a ton of progress, but just hit a brick wall. I exported all the tracks from an unfinished song on my original 2488 Mk I, imported them to the DP-24, got a great mix down, then used the Mastering tools to make the mix sound awesome. Put in my blank CD, followed instructions to write the Master track to the CD, only to get the error message, "Master Track Not Found". I can enter Mastering mode and play back the track all day long, but can't write it to CD. The manual states that his error occurs when a Mixdown hasn't been done, but I did the Mixdown prior to entering Mastering mode to apply compression and noise cancelling, so now, I am at a loss........

Back