DP-24 "EXPORT FAILED" message

TECHNINOT

Hello once again!

Having acquired the habit of preserving my songs from bug bites, I ALWAYS send my tracks to PLAYLIST as soon as they are at least interesting.

This is not the first time: the whole song weighs in at about 500 Megabytes for the moment, I've got over 10 Gigas available on the SD Card; nonetheless, I get EXPORT FAILED when trying to send more than 3 tracks at a time.

Weird, huh?
Thank you kindly to anyone who can elucidate this problem. I'd gotten kind of used to not having technical problems with my TASCAM fo a while and I really LOVE that!

I recently ran into this same problem.

The weird thing is... if I am having difficulty sending many tracks at once.... and then when I go ahead and send one or two at a time.... after a few attempts of that the problem seems to clear up and I can send the whole bunch of them at once - without the error message.

I mentioned this over at the Tascam Forum and only got feedback on this from Phil Tipping (Tascam DP guru). He hadn't heard of or ran into this before but suggested that it might be a SD card issue.

FWIW I'm using this card:

c700x420.jpg

I also have gotten used to this machine being glitch free and was a little disappointed to run into this. Certainly not a show stopper - but I would like to understand why.

The Phil Tipping 'Import/Export'' video on YouTube explains this exact problem. It's about 11 minutes long and has a very helpful demonstration. From what I recall, the solution to this problem is something that is fairly easily overlooked.

I just had this problem today. Decided to necro this thread to say that I couldn’t find the video mentioned, but I was able to fix the problem for this export. I had to export tracks in small batches till I found the two that were failing (it was a stereo track.) Then I went into the song and silenced the last second of that stereo track. It seems like just changing the track caused it to fix itself because exporting worked normally after that.

Back