DP-24 Bounce quit working

cwhowell2

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Following the instructions on page 53, all seems to go ok except for step 3. Once you press the Bounce button and the destination Rec button, the Select button no longer works. I've checked the Bounce Master fader and it is set at "0db". Then I press Record but nothing appears on the recording track. After finishing, the Time-Line display shows there is something recorded but it's nothing but silence. Is anybody else having trouble with Bouncing? Thanks - Bill

More clues. Doing a Master Mix-down doesn't work either. I am trying to bounce or mix 6 mono tracks down to a stereo pair. The only thing unusual about the tracks is that they were recorded on a DP-008EX then edited with Cool Edit 2000 to raise the volume. Tracks were then Imported into the DP-24 and sound fine when played. They just don't Bounce or Master. Is there a particular format I need to use when saving in Cool-Edit?

DP-24 Bounce quit working - SOLVED

Nothing wrong with my DP-24. Turns out the manual is incorrect. Page 53, Step 3 of the Bouncing Tracks function, states "Press the SELECT button to specify the bounce destination". Well, that doesn't work. You have to select the "source" tracks not the destination. Bouncing now works perfectly. - Bill

Back