DP-03SD .wav file question

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Using a DP-03SD :

When I exported my songs to be converted to .wav files, I expected all individual track data to be included. I exploded one of those songs in Reaper and only 2 tracks appeared in the track screen (below the master item).

When I exported from my DP-03SD to .FAT for conversion to .wav, I thought each of 3 tracks would transfer intact.

I began with 3 tracks - 2 guitar and 1 vocal.. all recorded on the device's built-in mic. Went through the Export process to convert to a .wav file. When I explode that file in Reaper I only get 2 guitar tracks, BUT! the vocal is audible - without a visible track or soundwave to work with. I can't split the vocal out. Somehow the conversion combined the vocal with guitar.

I don't recall seeing any options for Export which relate to the number of tracks desired. Maybe I missed that one.

As my investigation continues, I believe what I did was to Export the Master to .FAT, then .wav - I did not Export Tracks. I was under the impression the Master contained individual tracks which could be split (along with data), so I Mastered each song and proceeded from there.

[Added Later]

I just confirmed it. I made stereo masters of all songs and exported the Masters to FAT / WAV . Well, at least this explains why I'm hearing 2 guitar and 1 vocal in 2 tracks exploded from the stereo master .wav file into Reaper.

Live and learn. What can I get myself into next...

...that looks interesting..

Last edited:
Back