* DP-01FX-CD Problem *

BeatleFred

I bought this unit brand-new back in 2007. I dont know how seven years have gone by so fast, but I never really
had the chance to use it, so it has basically remained brand-new/unused. Well... I finally got around to trying it
the other day, but before I could really do anything, I ran into an obstacle as soon as tried to power it on: the
screen displayed a System Error message-with a message to shut the unit down. I called Tascam Tech Support,
and was told which buttons to hold down to reset it. I tried it, and at first it looked promising when the screen
showed it was "Initializing", and then the option to select Yes or No to carry out the reset, but after selecting Yes,
the unit just went back to the System Error- Shut Power off message.... When I called Tascam again, I was told it
needs to be serviced by them/authorized dealer.

Although I realize its not that great to have equipment remain inactive for a prolonged period, I didnt expect it would
just "die" from no use at all. I thought it could be reset and everything be fine... I was wondering if anyone else has
encountered the same problem and if it does need to be serviced, whats involved to get it fixed and is it an expensive
repair? Any help/advice is appreciated,

Fred (New York)

I once call customer service and they gave me the sequence to re-boot it, but you basically, no I mean you lose all your work! I am having the same problem today... Its just a few buttons held down, I wish I could remember it, but maybe they will see it here and answer it, besides that its awesome, played from P.E.I all the way to Vancouver and back!! Great little machine! Cheers

Back