DP-008EX, how to start this thing?

MrSatanist

Hey all,

Just got my Tascam DP-008EX in the mail. Started reading the guide and turned it on. Right away, it's giving error messages about the SD card (first it was "Invalid SD", and now it says "SD size error").
I'm confused because the card came stock inside the device, and this problem isn't addressed in any of the startup guides online. The only relevant article in the manual is about SD card compatibility, and I assume they aren't sending everyone incompatible SD cards in the same box.

Anyone have any advice?
Thanks in advance

The first thing I'd check is to make sure your SD card is formatted.. and correctly. Also, it's not uncommon to have a bad SD card right out of the box. Sometimes not-so-old ones just go bad from being inserted so many times.

Your User's Guide should fully explain the format procedure as not much can be done before you format, or before you confirm the card has already been formatted.

If you purchased a used DP-008EX, the SD card may be full of the previous owner's data, leaving no room for your stuff. Formatting will wipe all that clean (except for maybe a factory demo that may be permanent).

[Added Later]

Almost forgot.. be sure you have a large enough SD storage capacity - at least 16GB. Much more would be better. 80 bazillion GB would be great ;)

Last edited:
I wonder what happened..? I guess if their problem still existed they would be back here again. Somebody musta fixed it :listeningmusic:

I wonder what happened..? I guess if their problem still existed they would be back here again. Somebody musta fixed it :listeningmusic:

They are referred to as "drive byes" or "one hit wonders". After a while, you get in the habit of making your reply's short, just to see if they are coming back. While I can type 104 wpm, I normally have 103 mistakes. NYKTF! Just so you know, your answer was dead on track and very solid advice!

Back