Downloading shared track files onto DP24SD

JeffF

I am just learning my DP24SD as well as mixing concepts.

When I am ready, would it be possible to download to my Tascam SD card requested drum tracks, in WAV files I presume, for practicing mixing?

Thanks, JeffF.

I do it all the time, and my duo partner and I tracked our new CD on the DP24, mixed in Reaper adding EQ, FX, and such. We sent it out for final mastering and reproduction. Record your tracks, then use the AUDIO DEPOT function to EXPORT tracks. Copy them from the AudioDepot folder to your computer for further processing.

Use the EXPORT function, and don't try to grab the raw tracks. If you've done any punches and such the DP retains all those files. Moving them to the computer would be a nightmare in trying line up the snippets. The EXPORT function consolidates all those snippets into the finished track ... one WAV file per track, perfectly aligned at 00:00:00.

For mixing practice of others saved recorded raw drum tracks, I'd have to download each track as individual WAV files to my computer first, presumably. Is there a simple way to get those synced on the SD card on my model, so I could mix them?

Thanks for your support, JeffF.

Not sure what you are asking, Jeff. If you follow what I said above, that's all you need to do to get tracks from the DP to the DAW for mixing/editing.

But ... are you wanting to do the mixing on the DP with drum files that have been recorded externally? I'm not sure what you mean by "synced up". If you have a WAV file containing your drum track you can use the IMPORT function to get the file into your DP. The source must be in 16bit/44.1 WAV format.

I am just learning my DP24SD as well as mixing concepts.

When I am ready, would it be possible to download to my Tascam SD card requested drum tracks, in WAV files I presume, for practicing mixing?

Thanks, JeffF.

You may already know about this - if not, you will want to take advantage of it. The following link is to the Phil Tipping DP-24/32SD Tutorial video series. Phil also just finished and is selling a downloadable PDF "how-to guide" specific to these machines. Both resources are fantastic! If you so choose - you can gain a near global understanding of these great digital recorders.

Phil Tipping Tutorial series - youtube

And RustyAxe is steering you right. You can import drum tracks into the DP-24SD as long as they are 16 Bit, 44.1 HZ .wav files.

Hello RustyAxe,

I apologize. I think it is a matter of my needing more basic knowledge to recognize how to apply the information you kindly gave me. I'll come back to your post once I get that point.

I am just beginning to learn from a DVD on my Tascam, so once readied to practice mix others recorded drum tracks it will be good to know I'll have available your shared knowledge in the post.

Of shared resource, I'll post the instructional Tascam DP24 DVD in reply to Bluroots' recommended tutorial that looks helpful as well.

Of sincere thanks, JeffF.

Last edited:
Bluroots,

I can see where I need to get my basic-knowledge base up to the level of help shared by RustyAxe.

I appreciate the shared YouTube link, which I bookmarked for purchase.

I'll pick that guide up once I get more grounded with a ProAudio DVD (also offered on Tascam's home website). Here's the direct link:

Home - ProAudioDVDs.comProAudioDVDs.com | Music Technology made EASY!

It's on the DP24 (CD model).

Much appreciated for the resource, insight, and helping me see the gap in my knowledge--JeffF.

Back