CUT an entire part of a song on DP-24?

TECHNINOT

Dear camarades (you who have always been so helpful for me),

Being not at all acquainted with DAW methodology, I wonder if it is possible, with my wonderful (but very high-strung) DP-24, to simply CUT an entire passage of a song - all the tracks simultaneously. For the last two days I have been trying, one by one, to cut a passage of a song, then trying to realign what follows. I have lost some hair in the process but worst yet is the fact that my DP-24 lost patience with me and went into one of its FILE ERROR fits. The result is, of course, that, the song being contaminated, I had to erase it. Fortunately I had had the good sense to use a copy of the original version for this experiment. I did notice that when using an editing function such as CUT, the term ALL is to be found following suggested track numbers. Ultimately stupid but inevitable question: if after marking the IN and OUT then going to CUT I choose ALL, does this mean that all the tracks are going to be cut according to the given parameters? If this is true, I'm going to be a very happy man!

Thank you for your patience and devotion to the GOOD CAUSE (MUSIC)

William

I understand that no one replied to this thread. I tried out the ALL possibility in the CUT function and... like a miracle, it worked and helped me easily restructure the song I was working on. Anyway, vive la Musique!!!

Back