Corrupted song?

TECHNINOT

Hello dear friends, once again - THE BUG IS BACK!

Can a SONG be corrupted? A song I've been working on for nearly two months now can't even be played more than, let's say, 10 or 12 measures, then the FILE ERROR message comes on and I have to stop everything. I've got loads of space left on the SD card and the two other songs therein recorded present no problems.

Following the song protection policy, I have saved all the tracks fortunately except some recently modified tracks that I tried, too late, to export. EXPORT FAILED is the news I got and what I wanted to export wasn't heavy at all. What to think? What to do? I can't really do anything with the song - can't fast forward, rewind, etc… Everything I do provokes a FILE ERROR message. I must admit that as much as I love this machine, it has brought me more than its share of problems and therefore interruptions in my work flow. It's already been two times to the TASCAM shop while it was still under the guarantee. Such a waste of time!

Now I have just copied the song. Let's see what happens… NOPE! And what's even more unfair is that just before this incident took place I "SAVED" what I had just previously done.

So, then I tried "CLEAN"ing out a track that could have eventually been a bit complicated, that seemed to work from the place where I was on the timeline, but when I went back to the beginning of the song, FILE ERROR came back on the screen.

As has been suggested, the JOG PLAY function seems to have something to do with all the real bugs I have experienced to date.

If anyone has an idea as to what I can do, I'll be most appreciative. Anyway, I'm going back to work now to re-record all the missing pieces in my musical puzzle.

Aargh! And thank you.

Thanks anyway. Sincerely

Hello!

Never mind my problem message. Fortunately, I had followed the save-the-song protocol and was able to put things back together (with just some very small details missing in my PLAYLIST). It seems even better now, but I imagine that to be due to the fact that I am really relieved to not have to start all over again.

Thanks once again for your faithful assistance.
And... maybe TASCAM could do something about the problems arising from the use of the JOG PLAY function. :-))

Back