controls for the 234

Hot Rocks

Can someone please tell me if theres a difference or maybe a specific reason why the 234 has input gain controls on the front panel as well as by the rear section by the 1/4 inch rear mic/line input, I didn't get a manual with mine. Thanks in advance, Rob

Hot Rocks said:
Can someone please tell me if theres a difference or maybe a specific reason why the 234 has input gain controls on the front panel as well as by the rear section by the 1/4 inch rear mic/line input

The controls on the back are for setting your input level, and only work with the 1/4" inputs. This allows the machine to accept a wide range of input levels without overloading the input circuitry. I usually start with them in the middle of their range, and then adjust as necessary.

Although the controls on the front of the machine are labeled "input", they are for setting your record levels.

I might still have my manual around here somewhere. If I can find it, I'll scan it for you.

=Bob

If you buy any gear through Ebay or the web, please see this story about my experience with Boston Guitar Works / Brockton Music Works. Caveat Emptor....
http://bostonguitar.cjb.net

Thanks TMX Bob, I didn't know there's a difference between "input" and "record" levels. I will make sure that my rear input gain is at least 1/2 turned when I use it,adjusting from there. I love this deck,Great for live recording. Saw your web posting on the scam dealer,Send it to there web site! Thanks again, HR

Back