Compiled DP-32 user/functions list...

Stashman

Hello, first time here and new owner of a Tascam DP32SD.
I've been roaming the Tascam forum here and thankful for those in the "know", who've gone to great lengths at covering issues and problems regarding the unit and its strengths and weaknesses. There seem to be many, on each end of the spectrum. I'm completely new to all this and have already made a few mistakes, such as buying a few Sandisk 32gb class 4 cards, although I've only done some guitar noodling recordings, I haven't come into any problems yet? And the way the way some of the effects have to be turned up to "max" to become functional? Haven't even had a chance to look into the effects yet as I just received this yesterday and am still trying to wrap my head around it...
My greatest question as of now would be, is there a compiled list of things to be aware of, or things to make life easier for a first timer/beginner, to help work past some of the hardships that others have had to find remedy in regards to the unit and how to use it?
I know it's asking a lot! And I'm thankful that there are as many threads as there are concerning the unit and its strengths and weakness's, but heck, I'll admit it, I'm lazy!!!
I was hoping there may be some advice on how to avoid some of the pitfalls and trials?
Or, can someone chime in on the ProAudio dvd's and if they are beneficial in providing answers for the novice?

Thanks all in advance for all your help and hard work!!!
I look forward to your help and replies!!!

Kindest regards

Hmmm... Nothing yet?

Okay, well since it looks as though I made my first boo-boo (I'm assuming) by buying class 4 instead of the class 10 SDHC that were recommended, (I purchased these before receiving the unit and had no idea there was a difference) should I be concerned with these? I mean, they've worked for scratch recordings of demo rhythm guitar, but only 6 or so minutes, and I haven't used any effects, or tried to master, or add any other tracks except for the stereo guitar tracks mentioned. It's worked so far, but I'm guessing I may run into trouble when adding more tracks, effects, mastering...?
What should I be aware of, or look out for, regarding these class 4 cards?
Or, is it possible that these will work?

Again, thanks in advance for the help to my "newbie" inquiries!!!

Back