Can I use an MTS-1000 to synch a Tascam 58 to a TSR-8?

billw101

Hello, I have a Tascam model 58 that I would like to synch with a Tascam TSR-8 to achieve 15 useable tracks. Since the TSR-8 was designed to work with the MTS-1000 but the model 58 was designed before the MTS-1000, I assumed that the way to accomplish this would be to stripe track 8 on the model 58 and have the TSR-8 chase it. However, I would love to hear from anyone who has tried using the MTS-1000 to synch two dissimilar decks and may have better ideas. I have the manuals and the parallel interface option for the MTS-1000, but may need additional cables depending on the final solution. Thx in advance.

Bill

Master and slave, both need to reproduce smpte.
In the better case (new tape and perfect heads!) you'll obtain no more than 14 tracks.
I have ATS-500.
The ATS-500 or ATS-1000 can slave theTSR-8 or other serial machines.
To drive parallel machines, I need the If-500 and you need the if-1000.
Good luck!

Hmmm, Bill joined in 2001. His post was made in 2009, and he has a total amount of posts of 3.
Great for you to respond, maybe the answer will help someone else.

But Bill? His problem was either solved or given up on long ago. I'm sure he hasn't even been around in quite a spell. Lol :D

No one searching the web for answers cares about having timely answers on long out of production machines

Back