Bit of a problem! Is there a solution?

dvddvd

My son asked me to get some tracks sent to him from some stuff he had recorded on his Tascam DP32.

I got the first track a vocal track and muted all other tracks and made a master of the track on its own...all was well!

Then i tried another track, muted all others and did a mastering but i realized it was the vocal track again, so stopped it.

Then next time i tried the mastering it said the song was only 8 seconds long? When I pressed stop?

So in a bit of a panic I went into the music folders and found the song_0002 folder and deleted the wav file song_0002 and the song_0002_z file! I assumed that it would make another file but it didnt!

I thought no problem i can just restore them, so went into recycle bin and restored them, but the Tascam was not synced to the PC, so it thinks its restored them but they did not reappear?

If i go into Multi track all the tracks are still there but when i go into mixdown, the mastering it reverts back to multi track mode?

Is there anyway around this mess?

He wanted each track as a seperate track so he can mix them at uni on his laptop with Audacity

many thanks

Why are you trying master individual tracks? Mastering is the last step one performs ... AFTER tracking and AFTER MIXING. To get his files to him all you need to do is EXPORT.

While the desired song is loaded in MULTI TRACK mode:

1 - MENU/AUDIO DEPOT/EXPORT
2 - Select tracks
3 - Confirm your choices (dialog box will appear)
4 - EXPORT tracks

The tracks will be in the AudioDepot folder. Copy those to the computer ... that's what the kid wants.

I have no idea what you are trying to do, why would you individually master a vocal? Maybe you are using the wrong terminology.

Alan.

He's simply trying to get multiple tracks in WAV form to import into a DAW for further processing. My post is exactly what needs to be done. The reason for the EXPORT (as opposed to using the raw track WAVs) is to consolidate any partial stems (punch ins, over dubs, etc) to produce one WAV file per track. I produced a 13 song CD last year recording on the DP24, and mixing in Reaper, sending it out for professional mastering.

He's also misunderstanding mastering, and how it works on the DP. There is only ever ONE master file per song. Which explains why the first track he mastered disappeared when he mastered the next one ... it was overwritten (as it is designed to do). I think there might be some confusion and misuse of terms between dad and son.

He should have all the tracks as separate tracks already.
DP 32 puts them all together in the music folder under the song name.
Creating the master is what consolidates all the individual tracks into one track.
Export them individually as explained above

Back