Audio interface advice, Tascam 246 tracks to .wav files

TPMCD

This post might belong in some other forum, but I thought I'd try here since it involves a Tascam 4-track.

I've got a Tascam 246 cassette 4-track, and I want to send 4 tracks of audio into my computer so that that they'll be separate .wav files and also, of course, be sync'd up. So, what I need is an audio interface that has 4 inputs, preferably 1/4" because that's the outs on the 246 (there are 4 separate line outs on the 246).

I've been looking at some stuff on line, and some of the popular choices, seem to be the Presonus 44VSL and the Focusrite Scarlet 6i6, and I may just go with those.

But here's my deal: I don't necessarily need mic preamps, so what I want the bulk of my money going towards is the best audio-to-digital conversion that I can afford.

I'm looking on line, and I'm embarrassed to say that I'm somewhat confused by the jargon and equipment...for example, I went to the RME website, and while the Babyface won't work because there aren't enough inputs, it seemed that they had other stuff that might, but I was clueless as to what I was looking at.

My budget is in the $400-$800 range, any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance all.

Tom

Back