anyone know anything about the new us-428????Import audio into your daw via usb?????

DAB

i currently own a tascam tm-d1000,and cakewalk pro audio 9.......im in the market for an audio card but am kind of scared of all the things that can go wrong.

was also considering a hardisk multitracker like the boss br-8 but like computer recording,kind of considering having both(eventually)

this tascam us-428 looks great.a medium of getting audio into my DAW,without having to install an audio card because it plugs via usb port.

the product looks great,but hasent been released yet (may 2000) so i havent been able to read any reviews from real ppl as to how it actually performs on an average persons computer

i am exited to buy this,but am scared of a number of things.

1.it not being compatible with my compaq amd k6-2 380 mhz(i know some usb devices require pentium)

2.there being problems with its recording capability seeing as how usb is not as fast as other links...can it really perform what its supposed to do?

anyone know anything about this????????????

Have you checked www.tascam.com for further
info? Also Recording magazine (april 2000)
issue had a review on this piece of equipment.I'm not to up on it's capabilities,

If you already have a tm-d1000, why don't you buy a TDIF soundcard, like the Mixtreme? Looks like you could get the card and the 8 mic input expandion unit for the tm-d, for about the same price, give to take a few clams.-lzb

thats what I have.. a tmd1000 and mixtreme, and it totally rules. the integration is seamless...but that thing looks pretty cool. However, it doesnt have TDIF, I dont think, thus wont jive wit your mixer.

I want one anyway...kindof.
it looks sweet, with cool bttons that I could use my keyboard for. And it looks like it could change envelopes for me (a la HUI) but I think thats impossible except w/ MIDI tracks. Check the pic... http://www.tascam.com/images/studio_photo/US-428_top3_crop.jpg

xoxo

was there many problems installing the card??

will it work with my amd k6-2 380??

they don have it at musicians friend or zzounds,where can you buy it??

Actually Tascam is supposed to release a new TDIF card this summer. I don't think there's anything offical on their website yet. I heard about it on the tascam digital mixer bbs.
Camn, I think I saw you on there right?

DAB, If you're not already familiar with the site, you'll want to check it out.
Its right off the TMD1k page on tascam's site.-lzb

Back