Any UH-7000 users here?

JLiRD808

Got lots of questions/comments etc to share with other UH-7000 users. I'm having mixed feelings about mine--not fully in love with it yet.

Chime in with your experiences!

How are you liking it now? I just got one a couple days ago (had a RME babyface that I did not like the sound of compared to my old m-audio mobilepre). I like the design of the hardware. I have a soft-spot for Tascam--first four track et cetera.

When I plug my guitar into line 1, there is no change in sound when I turn the tone knob, only if I switch pickup selector. I found that odd.

Next I will see how my Audio Technica 4033 sounds with it. I worry this is not a high enough quality mic to capitalize on the preamp.

I thought u needed a DI box to plug in guitars? If u read the manual carefully (and on some forums) you'll see that the line inputs require a separate DI box....pretty annoying. Or do u have a DI and still have that problem?

I like the mic pres and DAC. The DAC really does sound great for this price range....I marvel even at YouTube video's audio sometimes lol!

But I'm starting the hate the drivers, latency, and even the DSP mixer thing. I might revert back to my EMU 1212m and go SPDF I/O into the Tascam, to get best of both worlds.

I'm sure my lack of a DI box is the problem. Thank you for illuminating me on this. I read the hell out of the manual and did not glean this on my own which makes me feel like a real rube.

Thanks again.

I'm sure my lack of a DI box is the problem. Thank you for illuminating me on this. I read the hell out of the manual and did not glean this on my own which makes me feel like a real rube.

Thanks again.

I knew about it before purchasing, but that was just cuz I was reading as much as I could find online (was deciding between UH-7k and Audient iD-14). I almost didn't buy it bcz of the lack of DI :(

There's an in-depth discussion of the UH-7k's pros and cons at Gearslutz, but it's kinda tapered down a bit now.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/941680-tascam-uh7000.html

Back