Any chance on using tascam us-224 on Windows 7 64 bit?

wbyeats

Hi, I just changed my notebook and the new one has Windows 7 64 bit.
i tried installing the tascam us224 driver but the installer stops telling me I'm using the wrong windows version. So I tried to manually install the drivers: I took the .inf, .sys and dll files from another PC where I installed drivers and I tried to use them to install the device. It seems working at first but at the end it tells me that the driver is not signed and that Windows 7 can work only with signed drivers. Now I'm stuck. Is there any of you who managed to successfully install those kind of drivers on win 7 64 bit? How can I do that? Do I really have to change my tascam?
Thanks a lot in advance!

mdc

I'm going to leave this here in case anyone else, like me & the OP, is trying to use a US224 in a newer flavor of Windows.

I used Universal Extractor to pull apart the 2007 Vista drivers. I had to monkey around a bit with it from there, but this should work for you - it did for me. Unzip this, go to the unknown device, right click, Update driver, insist on specifying your own driver manually, choose "Have disk", and point at this folder - it worked totally smoothly from there.

therentabrain dot com slash resources slash us224 dot zip.

Back