from analog recording to digital recording

sctsng@cogeco.c

Hi! I just recorded some music on to a Boss RC-1 foot switch, then recorded that on to the first track on my Porta 07. Now I want to record this into and on to a recording program on my computer. Here are some things that I have already tried:

*From the line out connections at the rear of my porta 07 into the input of my sound card
*From the monitor out at the rear of my porta 07 into the input of my sound card
*From the head phones output in to the sound card of my computer.

All connections are 1/8 of an inch.

What else can I try?

You only need one way to work to accomplish the job. You don't say if they worked or that there were problems.
The -10 line output of thew deck should interface with the 1/8" or 3.5mm sized connections but most people have trouble telling the computer how to interface with the signal that is getting into the computer. It is a setting of the mixer that is needed.
Most people in the professional world use USB interfaces that allow the direct connection vias RCA or XLR connections to the computer and these interfaces are much better quality wise than the built in 1/8" audio circuits.
I use one called a Roland Tri Capture. it was cheap next to the other but still did a good job for RCA type signals.

Back