advice for home studio

spaceman

Hey all,

I've got a digitech gnx3 and I use it too record all of my songs, thing is, I'm straying away from electric guitar to the world of electronica and sampling. I'm going to get rid of my gnx3, hopefully I can get £200 - £250.

I want to to buy a recording device. I want to be able to do some looping on it, maybe slow parts down/speed them up (no onboard effects though) etc. I want to be able to hook my Korg Wavestation, a sampler, mic for my acoustic guitar... maybe connect it to the PC.

I'm in a dilema, shall I use the money to upgrade my PC/tape machine or go digital again?

Cheers,

Carl.

search under my name. ive made 100's of suggestions in the past year about pcdaw. including computer configs, mics,spkrs,software for multitracking,soundcards etc etc.
if your pc is at least a 1.3ghz amd duron level machine you can get about 40 tracks if set up right.
got any Q's - just ask.

hmm. I've got a Wavestation... how do I record that on my Computer? I'm new to this recording game, do you think I should get a tape machine first, to experiment? I'm getting a new PC in the next few weeks, these are the specs:

memory - GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5
cpu - AMD Athlon "Barton" XP3200+ 400FSB (Socket A) CPU - OEM
graphics - ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI
hard driver - Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB SATA 8MB Cache - OEM
Abit NF7-S v2.0 nForce2 (Socket A) Motherboard

What do you think of those?

Back