About Tascam US 2X2 audio interface

kfir_frr

It is better to connect my Tascam, audio interface to a power source even seemingly it isn't need? (Because it gets power from the computer by USB)
Is it can destroy something if it is always plugged in power source, or maybe,
I will have better performance because it will be plugged to power source?
Thanks!

Reading the specs, the power adapter seems only needed when connected to IOS device. I am assuming here that the Apple connection kit doesn't provide power like a USB connection does.

Ohh,
Ok, are you sure on this?
I realy want to know... :)

Well, if it works without power connection, then you are all set. USB supplies power to most interfaces. I have an interface I do need the power, but it has many inputs. I have another Audiobox USB, it does not require power. Since the Tascam is designed to work with IOS, I can only conclude the power is for the connection adapter, than probably doesn't provide power through the cable. That is as sure as I can be.

Test without the power adapter, if it works, not needed. If it doesn't then it is needed.

I've used it without a power cable, and only with the USB cable amd its wotrked.
I just want to make sure that I don't need a power connector that might improve my performance and the quality of the sound card that comes out of it.

I've used it without a power cable, and only with the USB cable amd its wotrked.
I just want to make sure that I don't need a power connector that might improve my performance and the quality of the sound card that comes out of it.

No, it will change nothing. But if you do connect to an IOS device, keep this in mind you will need the power adapter.

Back