2488 recording issue.

songsj

Never had this happen before, cannot figure it out. I am recording vocals with an AKG C3000B mic, AKG K240M Headphones,
Have cut some good vocal tracks with this, what I hear in the phones pretty much is what gets recorded. I was getting a little bleeding from the semi-open phones so I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD280 pro phones. They are a little bassy but overall sound pretty good for monitoring. Problem is what I hear in the phones is not what gets recorded. The recorded track is tinny on playback. Here is where it gets weird. When I record with the Sennheiser phones one ear on and one off the recorded sound is good or at least what I hear. What I'm wondering is why am I not recording what I am hearing with the Sennheisers. I checked all Tascam settings, everything is flat no eq no fx no compression etc. Also I am plugged into the headphone jack of the 2488.

Yes, but what I don't understand is why what I hear in the Sennheisers when recording is not what I hear in the Sennheisers on play back. There should not be a noticeable difference when monitoring during recording and playback unless you have a separate headphone mix which I do not. No matter what you are using for phones. But I noticed a drastic difference right away. Strangest thing I've ever seen.

Back