Yamaha & Cubase

Flight 16

Hi there I have just got a Yamaha AW16G that i will use along with Cubase.
can anyone answer these questions?

1, I have imported the WAVE files from the Yamy to the PC no probs. when i recorded on the yamaha the click was set at 100, when i stuck them in cubase i set the click to 100, but although the audio is all in time with each track it does not seem to be as in time with the click as it was when still in the Yamy.

Is there a way to sink it up %100?..or is this somthing that cant really be done?

2, Can I use the effects (reverb mmmmm) in the yamaha with SX3 as you can use external effects just like plugins ??? the Yamy has Digital outs and Midi.

3, this is probebly more of a question for the Yamaha forums (cant find) but why when i put the CD that came with the yamy in my PC it will not start up and install or what ever...i open the DVD drive up and there are just files in there that wont do anything and look like they are ready to open in the wrong programs?...strange

any help would be groovy cheers

Are the AW16 and the PC in the same room. If so, you can MIDI sync one to the other (the Yammie manual is quite clear about how to do it, after about five reads!).

If not, then you are fighting a tough battle doing it the way you describe. One solution, which is tedious, is to make a click track in Cubase - just use a MIDI editor to put a drum beat, whatever, exactly on every beat of the bar, then copy that bar as many times as you need to make it last the song length. Export that as a wav file, and load it into your AW16. Record to it, and when you do the CD export and drag them into Cubase you can line them all up exactly. Tedious, but it works.

I owned a 16g not too long ago, so I might be able to answer some of these questions. Here goes:

1: The easiest way I've found to sync things up is just manually adjust the wav files until they match up with the click, as in move them in Cubase. Zoom in real close, and nudge (I'm not sure if Cubase uses that term). It will take a minute or two, but if everything's at the same tempo, it SHOULD work.

2: This is mainly dependent on your sound card. As I recall, the Yamaha has SPDIF outs, but I never used them, so I wouldn't know. If you have 1/4 I/O on the card, route a channel out of SX, plug it into 3-8 on the G, and then use any output to send it back. If the SPDIF can do what you want, remember to change the copy protection setting on the G, I believe it will block it otherwise.

3: Which CD? I believe there was one with just G files (the loops, etc., not readable on PCs), one with Sonar, and the DVD, which is playable in DVD players, but didn't help any in understanding the G.

Back